just moved and have lawn (15x8m) for the first time in a very long time
I'm looking at going the Ryobi plus system as I need to replace items soon such as a drill etc.
Ideally I would like to stay with the 18v products as it simplifies using the same battery's across the range of products.
What I would like to know is other peoples experiences to date.
The reasons I'm looking at electric cordless is
A. SWMBO must find it easy
B. now screwing around with mixing (or draining/changing oil) - see point A
C. SWMBO has ruled out corded electric
Questions I have are.
1. How are people finding durability of the frame in regards to occasional stones hitting the plastic casing etc
2. can larger batteries be fitted eg a 5.0 Ah battery.
3. how often are you replacing batteries and blades for a given lawn size
4. Is there any real benefit going from 18v to a 36v mower - the 36v stuff is mainly garden tools but in reality 70% of my future tools will be 18V orientated (drills etc)
5. How does the 18v mower handle longer (or wet) grass - anything to be aware of
thanks in advance