This new MySky HDi box has given me some problems. MySky1 also had software probs on launch date, hopefully they can fix hdi probs too.
1. 2 box Freezes today, one occurred when trying to play a recorded movie, the other time it froze when rewinding - I could not find out how to reset the box using the front control buttons, so I just switch off/on at the wall.
2. Resetting the box during recording loses what has already been recorded. With Mysky1, i believe you only lose the recording time while the box was being reset (ie, mysky1 did not delete what was already recorded).
3. Rewinding problems - many rewinding problems, i get jumpy rewinding, rewind freezes (recovererable freezes by pressing play as opposed to above ). Rewinding seems to be an issue.
4. Universal Remote does not work so well. My logitech harmony 880 is not so good at operating mysky hdi. I some times get 'repeats', eg, pressing the down button once, triggers two steps down on the menu. I've changed the remote repeat setting to 0, but it still happens sometimes.
5. Digital out Audio level between HD and SD sources is quite different (using optical out). So, if you listen to the sound via your AV receiver, Standard definition channel volume is significantly louder than high definition channels. Not a biggy, but means you have to change the volume between different channel types.
6. Echoing sound (church effect) sometimes when playing through av receiver. Not sure if this is a real problem but maybe someone else noticed this? I'm going to tweak settings on the receiver.
Does anyone else have similar probs to above? The most annoying issues are 1,2 and 3.