From what I understand it's meant to be Dialup or similar to it? 56k? or 64k?
The reason I ask is that the speed seems wildly all over the place and the connection is completely unusable even for the most basic of tasks.
IRC drops connections
POP3 and IMAP times out
even the most basic of NZ based HTML pages will time out or stall.
Other times it appears if we are back at our normal fullspeed for minutes at a time.
Now I have no problems with the slowdown after we reach our limit, more than happy with it, but I find my dialup account I have for my laptop is faster than the capped speeds that are provided after the data cap.
Our normal connection syncs at 16.3mb down and 1.2mb up with a perm splitter and new internal wiring installed. We are 200m from a brand new cabinet. I have tried two different modems and both give the same result.