I am currently on a Flip unlimited w. copper phone line using my own Asus DSL-N12E C1 modem/router. I am really keen on swiitching to WXC fusion unlimited plan and getting a taste of VDSL at an awesome price. I have a few questions though:
- How is WXC connection for gaming? I just bought a PS4 and the best I can get on my flip internet is a Type 2 NAT (moderate) even when I am in DMZ (tried forwarding, upnp as well). Looking into it, possibly can be due to CG-NAT implementations. Will I have these problems on WXC? Can I DMZ or port forward my PS4 for a Type 1 or Open NAT connection.
- I have had VDSL for a short period with orcon before I changed, speeds were okay, only a tiny bit better than ADSL2, therefore it was not worth it for the price. I live in an apartment block near Auckland hospital and since the technician came in once, I guess he doesn't have to come in again (Don't really want to take time off work).
- Will I need to get an analogue phone adapter to work with the supplied MP264 gateway? OR is it built in?
- What is the home change policy, pretty sure I might move at some point in the next two years.
- Will I be able to use my spare tomato router with a VPN client connection and output a WiFI signal to use as my netflix/overseas network as well as keep my original network outputted by MP264.
- How long does it take to switch over? Do i need to inform flip internet?