- I'm not a gamer, I do a fair few torrents but my biggest use will be internet radio and video streaming. I think 20gb will be about right.
- Price wise, most 20gb plans seem in a similar ball park so price doesn't seem to be the dealbreaker.
- I don't think I want naked DSL as need a phone as well.
- Although its good to have good customer service and tech support its not vital - in my last home I use it about once a year. I'm good a finding technical info on the web and though I'm not brilliant at networking I can configure a basic wireless router and port forward my torrents.)
- As I'm not a gamer or massive uploader, speed above a useable speed (2mbps) is not a dealbreaker as - long as it meets this minimum requirement.
- So I therefore think that the key will be a solid connection with no dropouts with a consistently reasonable (if not scorching) speed. More important than price or saving a few bucks per month.
I can look through the various plans on NZConnect, but which Auckland ISP fits my requirements mainly in terms of consistency and solidity of connection?
- Am I being unreasonable to expect a steady 2mbps full speed?
- Will I find that after the move from cable to ADSL with associated problems that I am likely to need technical support much more than I am used to with cable?
- I'm not going for naked DSL as it is a bit more than bundled DSL so I assume its for people who do phone stuff via VOIP which at the moment I don't know alot about. Is this correct? Are there any other advantages to naked DSL purely in terms of the conection (e.g. no filters)?
Finally - what have I failed to take account of??!!
Cheers guys (and guysesses)