I am using Windows xp with a dlink 502t and have had a dsl connection working for over a year now.
I recently purchased a media streaming device which needed a wireless access point so as is typical for me I rushed off without too much research and bought a wireless router, not realising that you need a modem with it and can not just use the wireless router direct from the internet(at least thats what I think you can't do, something about not being able to do PPPoa with this router?)
Anyway, I am trying to connect the working 502t wirelessly through the dlink 524 wireless router and then communicate wirelessly with my adapter in my laptop which is a Broadcom 802.11g network adapter(inbuilt)
I did have it working. I set it up enencrypted to see if I could get it to work and after a few trials and tribulations discovered something called DHCP was stopping me because both routers were DHCP servers.
I disabled the DHCP on the 524 and got a working solution. My existing internet connection wirelessly through the dlink 524.
I then tried to re set up the connection with wep encryption and it has all come unravelled.
I am reasonably sure I have set it up the same except for the encryption of course but I cannot access the internet.
Could someone see something obvious I am overlooking or perhaps give me a step by step or link to a workaround please.
It is driving me nuts, especially considering I already had it working.
I really need to secure the network so I was going to do wep encryption and mac filtering once I set it up again successfully.
Hopefully someone out there can help
Thanks a lot