Vodafone have 'upgraded' my internet to FibreX 200/20 and with it replaced the various pieces of equipment I had with a technicolor cable modem and seperate router. I have a Mikrotik router configured and managing all my home devices well and do not want to transfer them all to the new router (which does not seem to like the number I devices I tried to connect).
I have been trying to set up the Mikrotik to directly connect to the technicolor cable modem (following this guide - https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=66&topicid=206084, but also setting up dhcp client for IPv6) but cannot get a working connection.
1) connected the Mikrotik directly to the technicolor cable modem
2) run through the guide above to enable vlan tagging / dhcp / changed firewall rules etc (and enabled ipv6 too)
3) confirmed I am receiving an IPv4 and IPv6 address in the dhcp-client section of the mikrotik
4) restarted everything just in case
5) failed to get a connection to the internet
6) tried factory resetting the mikrotik incase any old rules were breaking something
7) still failed to get a connection to the internet
This has all got a bit beyond me - I have enough knowledge to follow various guides, but not enough to troubleshoot / diagnose what is actually happening here (i.e. enough knowledge to break something... but not fix it). From the guides I have read, once I have confirmed I am getting dhcp to provide IP address from the technicolor / vodafone, and provided I have the firewall configured correctly, I should be getting internet, but I am not.
Any help would be appreciated.