I've recently switched to Snap from Slingshot, and have had a Master Filter installed to ensure that there is minimal interference on my line, but I am plagued by slow speeds. As at the time I am typing this I have connected at 2.2Mbit/s down and 864kbit up.
When I check my address on Telecoms address checker it tells me I should get 12 Mbit/s.
The speed that I have been getting has constantly been degrading over the last couple of years - I used to get around 12Mbit and now the highest I see is around 5, and the lowest is around 1.8.
If I have just had a new Master Filter installed and have a new modem, yet the problem persists, can I be safe in saying that it is not something wrong on the premises that is causing this issue? I am wanting to get to the bottom of it but am reluctant to possibly fork out $275 like it states on the Snap website in a possible call out.
- Your ISP and plan - Snap Naked
- Type of connection (ADSL, ADSL2, VDSL) - ADSL2
- Your modem DSL stats (do not worry about posting Speedtest, we need sync rate, attenuation and noise margin) -
(First column is receive direction, second is send direction)
- Your general location (or street) - Corner of Trafalgar Street and Forbes Street Royal Oak
- If you are rural or urban - urban
- If you know your connection is to an exchange, cabinet or conklin - No idea
- If your connection is to a ULL or wholesale service
- If you have done an isolation test as per the link above - Have done to no avail