Not sure if this is going to be an issue with Orcon itself or my PC in the end.
The last couple of days my internet (using wireless from black orcon genius) is painfully slow, speedtest.net results have been fluctuating between 0.89Mbps to 3.49Mbps, the funny thing is that this is happening only on my desktop, my wifes laptop is getting 12Mbps average. I've updated the Ralink drivers to no avail.
Have scanned for viruses and malware.
I've searched the web and theres a million different fixes, a lot of which seem dodgy or involve downloading a bunch of third party applications.
Ive also noticed in the last hour or two that the wireless signal strength has been fluctuating between 2-4 bars, however once again, my wife who is 2 feet from me is getting full strength with no fluctuation.
I'm not savvy with this sort of stuff so figured I would make a post here and hopefully come across some help / advice
My desktop is under warranty so I'm thinking if all else fails maybe getting it looked at as to if its the wireless card or something along those lines.
Thanks in advance
EDIT: As per the automated bots request:
- Your ISP and plan Orcon Unlimited
- Type of connection (ADSL, ADSL2, VDSL) ADSL
- Your modem DSL stats (do not worry about posting Speedtest, we need sync rate, attenuation and noise margin) If anyone can point me to where to find this then I will happily post this information
- Your general location (or street) Shirley Christchurch
- If you are rural or urban Rural
- If you know your connection is to an exchange, cabinet or conklin - Exchange
- If your connection is to a ULL or wholesale service ??