I've had a particularly bad customer experience with Slingshot on our move from ADSL to VDSL, along with a still unsolved technical issue. Firstly when the engineer came out around 2 weeks ago he installed the splitter - but did not hook up the router. On hooking it up I had to then spend 1 hour plus trying to get a profile setup.. not great. After I found that all wifi devices in the house could hold wifi connection but not hold stable internet connection. Browsers timing out, netflix timing out etc. When I ping a website during these periods I lose all packets. I went through technical suport with SS who advised me on the basics, changing channel, manual setting of DNS. Still no luck. Wifi signal is strong, and internet timeouts seem device specific. So my phone will drop-out when my laptop will maintain stable internet access. I've also checked IP allocation - and attempted to allocate IP's manually on devices with no success.
Internet also works stable via LAN, though at slower than expected speeds (DL approx 16mbp - slingshot say it should be c.25mbs) so I've ruled router wifi issues as the culpret. I have exhausted technical support through SS who attribute my issue to living in an apartment with 11 devices connected. Their suggestion is to buy a new router. I asked to log a complaint with them on this suggestion, as I was pretty much forced to buy their router with my VDSL connection (abit it is only $20..).
I have also tried daisy chaining their old ADSL router, which worked perfectly to the new VDSL and connecting to that. Weirdly I experienced the same issue.
Seems pretty bizarre to me, hope someone else has experienced something similar before i blow much needed $$ before Christmas.