Firstly apologies for the lack of VDSL knowledge here. I've read a bit but still unclear regarding what a normal installation entails and how it should look for the customer. I've just had VDSL installed yesterday and am a bit concerned with a few things. The technician who came out to do the install was very friendly and I have no issues with his personality. However, just wondering whether the job done was satisfactory. My concerns are: (please note some of these may be totally fine so I'm happy to accept what is standard procedure)
- We have 3 jackpoints but he said that the install could only be done in one install and once done, I couldn't move my modem to another location for VDSL
- I have a 2870B modem capable of VDSL but he said I had to disconnect that and use the pre-programme modem supplied by Telecom
- He didn't get under the house to check any of the wiring as he said it's too difficult with the insulation and that he couldn't track any cables. Therefore he just did something on the Telecom box where the filter is installed outside the house and installed a new VDSL port inside the house.
- I questioned wheter the wiring needed to be checked or how this all worked but he said no this should be fine. I should see my speeds double and then over the next couple of week it should get faster.
- Checked ADSL speeds I was getting (16 down and 1 up). Checked VDSL speeds after install (10 down and 10 up). He said this was unusual but I should see some improvements in the near future. Said this was all he could do and walked away.
Do I have a valid reason to be concerned about anything above? Wondering how long I wait before I question the VDSL installation/performance. I'm 400m away from the green cabinet by the way.
Thanks for any info you guys can provide!