I am having issues since last night accessing the Internet. It first appeared as if there were DNS issues similar  those back in April (https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=39&topicid=249164) however changing DNS server settings did not help. Errors include DNS not resolving or connections timing out. Running Speedtest.net comes back with a latency test error even though the page loads and a test server is found quickly. Devices are both hard wired and wireless (9 wired devices, 5 wireless). Resetting the modem (Spark HG659b) sometimes resolves the issue for a few minutes. I have also tried an old Telecom TG582N however the problem remains the same. The DSL connection is good (13MB/s down, 1MB/s up) however I did notice the download FEC error rate is about 6000 / minute. I'm not sure if the error rate has increased since the connection started having problems or has always been this high. I have posted my DSL info below. Does anyone have suggestions I what I can try to isolate the problem? (The connection is working at the moment so I am able to post this but may be back down again shortly!) 

 

Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 0:15:50
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.203 / 15.536
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 19,94 / 40,63
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 10,1 / 19,1
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 20,5 / 35,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 8,0 / 6,1
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / BDCM
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 8 / 79.813
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 4 / 6
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 17 / 160