I'm currently with Slingshot and honestly I can't take it anymore.
During the day download speed is about 2 mbps at best and upload is 0.7 mbps on avg too.
Been like this since 2011. Dont know why but in december i was getting around 5.
Just got a mailer from Orcon(more like a cardboard cutout) about the BestDealEver promo thing.
And apparently not every house got the mailer ? hmm.
So my question is:
1. $70 per month (not other gimmick/hidden fees) for Landline + fs/fs broadband + 30 GB of data. AM I CORRECT ??
2. I live in Broadfield Street , near the roundabout :) , so I'm not sure if that's close to the exchange or whatever you guys call it (i'm not really into that kind of stuff, i'm a software student :D ) .....Can ORCON guarantee that I will get at least 5 mbps download and 1 mbps upload speed consistently ? ....I have a DLINK-DSL G604T modem router which is ADSL+ capable.
3. If I subscribe to the plan above , will i be on ADSL+ ? ...what does that even mean ? XD XD
4. If I just subscribe online, do i need to inform Slingshot that i'm moving bband service ? and Telecom and I'm moving landline too ? And what about the direct debit that i've set up with them from my bank account, would that automatically stop ?
5. How long will the internet connection be down for when you guys are setting it up? Hours, days ?
SORRY FOR THE QUESTIONS, I"M A NOOB :D :D