My wife and I are considering installing a gas heater into our old decommissioned open-fire. We have gas piped to the house, but its currently disconnected as we have no appliances using it.
We are also toying with doing away with the old hot water cylinder and going for an infinity gas system.
100m2 house, one bathroom, so our requirements are minimal.
I'm told gas is more efficient then electricity, especially the infinity system, however, lines charges to have the gas piped to our house are about $1 per day which I would have thought negates any benefit - our power bill over summer has only been about $80 per month...
1. What are you experiences?
2. Do you think a gas fire is efficient?
3. Do you find a gas fire heats the house well?
4. Do you think infinity hot water is efficient?
5. Do you think infinity hot water provides enough pressure/heating?
6. In your experience do the savings from gas = to more than the lines charges the gas company charge?
Shot guys, cheers