I am looking for a pc for in my lounge, that meets the below criteria. I have been considering building my owm HTPC, but would prefer not to: I would for now rather buy an out-of-the-box solution.
- Used mainly to play movies, photo's and music on my 32" Samsung LCD TV (with HDMI port). Also for Office and Internet (incl. streaming video and audio).
- Has to allow for wirless keyboard and mouse control
- I would prefer to be able to use it as a back-up or home server type computer, so I can backup my Dell XPS M1530 files to it. Ideally I would like to install office on it, and then synchronise outlook between the two computers. All via my Wifi home network.
- Has to look good, be as little and quiet as possible, and use as little power as possible.
- [Optional] including a TV card so I can record off my tv or even watch Freeview HD (I only have a normal Sky box)
I have been nosing around, and found the following systems:
- Mac Mini
- Dell Studio Hybrid
- Acer Aspire L3600
- HP Slimline s3330 of de s3580
Are there pro's or con's with these systems that I should be mindful of? And am I missing systems?
I am new to New Zealand, so I also don't really know which the right places are to buy these type of computers or to find more information on them. I did find my way to www.pricespy.co.nz but that's about it.
Any tiny bit of information is very much appreciated.