We are looking to move to a VoIP solution and we have narrowed down to use either 3CX paired with 2Talk or Spark's NEC VoIP solution. (Although now Spark are suggesting we move to IP Centrex, after trying to sell us on the NEC solution)
Can anyone provide feedback on their experiences with either programs and providers.
We are looking to connect 6 offices, with 100+ users and have the ability to connect extensions via smartphones
What I've heard
- Spark have palmed off the support to NEC - So instead of Spark providing the support, it will come from NEC
- It has taken approx 4 months for Spark to complete an install with IP Centrex
- Spark mention about they are a "Tier 1 provider and 2Talk are Tier 2 Provider" (I've heard this is Spark Jargon)
- 2Talk is a DIY service and provides little support
What I need to know
- The reliability of both providers (Network & Support)
- Thoughts on other systems
- Any issues that turned sour quickly
Thanks so much!