- I currently have a phone on the Red Super plan with 5GB data /monthly.
- And a Tablet SIM with 1GB data /monthly.
They way this would work on 2degrees is that when using my Tablet data; it would first use the 1GB on the SIM then begin using the 5GB from my phone, turns out this isn't the case on VF.
- Visited VF shop yesterday to setup shared data, told can only be done via call center.
- Called 777 this morning & ended up at VF Business, told to call Sales back after 8:30am.
- Called VF Sales back > transferred to VF Business > transferred back to VF Sales > 50min later >
- After lengthy holds and multiple people checking with other people it seem that not so obviously you can't actually "share" data with any other plan;
- You have to put the other devices on a special "linked" plan ($29 for Phone & $0 for Tablet /monthly) which means my Tablet can't stay on it's existing plan with 1GB data & use shared data too, I have to choose one or the other.
I also enquired about using my Tablet while roaming and was told that it costs $5/day for each device (Phone & Tab = $10) unless the Tablet is linked to the Phone on the 'Red Share Tablet' plan in which case it's $5/day for both devices (which I'm a bit skeptical about so got them to make a note on my account that that's what they confirmed with the Roaming Team).