I have just replaced my Huawei with the Ultra Hub (as I upgraded from the 200Mb/s to the 900MMb/s service and they told me the new router will be better). Here are my observations:
- the Ultra Hub only has 3 usable RJ45 ports, the Huawei has 4.
- The Huawei allows you to group devices together and set parental controls (i.e. internet access on a timer) for groups of devices at once. The Untra Hub only allows you to do this for a device at a time. This is an inconvenience.
- you cannot seem to override the primary and secondary DNS addresses that the DHCP server on the Ultra Hub give out to connected clients. This is a major shortcoming.
- it enforces unnecessary password policies on the wifi password. So I've gone from a memorable but very long password to a shorter and less secure one.
- the wifi on the Ultra Hub seems stronger.
Once the Fibre Max plan is activated I'll see if the Ultra Hub outperforms the Huawei. If it doesn't I'll swap it back.
Does anyone know how to change the DNS servers that the UltraHub will give out?
Does anyone else have any experience with this newer router?