- A few months ago, I bought by first ever .co.nz domain from discountdomains - my first ever domain of any kind!
- My web designer provides web hosting, but, it turned out, not emails.
- I bought an email package from dicountdomains.
- I tried to make it all go in Outlook 2007.
- It turned out discountdomains need me to use my gmail smtp to send emails. Is this normal? Or I can pay an additional $5 per month to send them through their server.
- I used the gmail smtp and it was sending and receiving emails - but although I'd chosen in Outlook to send them from my new .co.nz account, they were arriving with my gmail name. I found this out yesterday - guess I should have realised it would. I've sent heaps of emails out not looking very professional!
- I set up gmail with my new .co.nz account as the default sending account, but now they arrive with my gmail account as the sender, "on behalf of" my .co.nz account. It seems there's no way round this... is there??
It seems I have only expensive options - pay discountdomains another $5 per month, or gmail $50 per year, on top of what I've already paid discountdomains for their incoming mail service.
What would you suggest, please, that I do now - or next year, when my subscription to discountdomains runs out?