I am having an issue with a new equipment purchase that neither I nor the technical support of the company I purchased it off have been able to resolve it yet, so I thought I'd post it here for ideas.
To cut a long story short, I purchased a Lenovo X1 Carbon (gen 3) laptop and a Onelink Pro Dock a few weeks ago. The laptop will book fine when it is not connected to the dock, but when docked, it will not boot past the screen which says "press enter to access BIOS etc". I have further narrowed the issue and found that the laptop will boot when connected to the dock as long as I don't have an Ethernet cable connected to the dock. If I boot the laptop not connected to the dock, as soon as it starts to load Windows, it will boot up correctly. Or if it is already booted, connecting it to the dock gives normal functionality.
I am running Windows 10 Home on the laptop.
Things that have been tried so far that haven't resolved the issue:
- The dock has been replaced by Lenovo
- Updated laptop BIOS
- Updated laptop graphics drivers
- Updated laptop LAN drivers
- Updated wake on LAN drivers
- Updated dock firmware
- Updated dock drivers
- Changed boot order so the laptop FDD is number one priority
- Tried different combinations of monitors
- Tried different Ethernet cables (this network connections worked fine with an older Lenovo laptop and dock combo)
I was wondering if there were any other generic type things I could try that may be causing this issue? I don't have access to any other Lenovo laptops which use the Onelink Pro Dock so that isn't an option unfortunately.
Any guidance would be appreciated.