Hello, and welcome to my post.
I've had this issue for a very long time - 6 months or so. Simply put, my internet cuts out every time I go to use it - ie, if I open Facebook/Youtube/Gmail etc, the page will load only slightly (even trying to post this was a mere!). It's as if there is some sort of 'cap' on the internet which stops if there is too much data being processed. I'm a Web Developer so having intermittent internet is a massive fail.
Now When I say cut out, I mean to say it drops for about 30 seconds before coming back online. It drops for all computers in my house. It doesn't come up with the red x, but the yellow ! on my deskop - which I think means having connection problems, but there is internet.
My computer specs:
- Windows 10 Desktop
- Using a netcomm powerline - ethernet through power in your house
- NOT using wifi
My internet specs:
- Orcon unlimited VDSL
- DSL connection has been installed in my wall about 3 years ago
What I have had done:
- Line technician has come out and can't find any faults with my setup
- New modem setup about a month ago
- Tried to fix the windows 10 power management issue but the option doesn't exist.
Fibre is now available in my area, and I have a technician coming to install it within a month or so. But I want to see if there's something I can do in the meantime. I can't work with internet like this.
Any help is greatly appreciated