I am currently trying to work through an issue for a client and i am starting to lose the plot and would like some external input on further things i can try.
Background on the situation is
I deal with a client who has an office based in Albany who predominantly use VPN from sattellite offices (normally home offices) to connect in and work on Documents / sync email (they have SBS2003).
the week ending 19th of August a client called to say that the VPN was unusable and outlook would just lock up and not sync any emails and it was just unsuable, she had her home line connection tested and it was deemed to be OK.
On monday i recieved a call from another Partner who was experiencing the same issues from a different location.
I also was having trouble using VPN using RDP onto the server to be able to get into the router or even just work on the server. we started to eliminate options and decided to replace the Thomson gateway that was supplied with a new Cisco Small Business router, this was configured and put in place which we hoped would resolve the issue, This did not solve the issue and so we looked at getting telecom involved to run some checks on the line etc. this came up with no fault and everything was working OK according the the Chorus tech but we were still having issues.
I then changed the point of where the VPN was connecting from the server to then create a connection from a workstation in the office and got a colleague to test with the same results.
On friday i called and logged a fault with telecom again and explained the situation to the tech i was talking to, he organised a port reset to see if this would resolve the issue which it hasn't from talking to the affected staff this morning..
and i am just wanting to get some feedback on what you guys think could be at play here. before i ring telecom again.