- First of all the shipping has gone up by around four folds since I first started shopping with them in the nineties
- Their delivery times are getting longer and more unreliable - My latest purchased items were supposed to be delivered before Xmas - but I only got them this week
- The packaging is less bulky - it is almost like a cardboard envelope - and I get books with corners damaged in the last two shipment
- Most of the cool stuff (that you can not get in NZ yet) can not be shipped to NZ (and no I don't want to pay $50 extra for the privilege of offshore forwarding services or impose on my relatives overseas.
- Their catalog is too complex and when you search for more obscure stuff you get so many Irrelevant stuff that you have to scroll through
However, to me, the most annoying thing is the personalized emails:
Why do they always promote stuff that CAN NOT be shipped to your registered shipping address in their emails.
I get another email this morning promoting some hand held devices and a Kindle hardware. Why?
Their profiling system should be intelligent enough to exclude non shippable items so customers don't turn off the predictive promo emails - which is one of the best marketing tool that online etailers like Amazon.com has.