Poor speeds affect me too - 300kbps from LA at 4pm today! Ugh...
Anyway here are the steps to fill in this survey:
- Download Firefox 2 as a sample file from the New Zealand Connections iPhone site by right clicking this and selecting "Save Link As..." or "Save Shortcut as..." or something similar. Make sure that you use only a plain non-multithreaded download.
- Time it
- Then post back details here in the following format:
When did you download?: [7:00pm]
How long did it take to download the file?: [2 minutes and 42 seconds]
What ISP are you currently using?: [Some random ISP]
What broadband plan are you currently subscribed to?: [Some random plan name]
What city are you living in?: [Auckland]
- Don't hesitate to give more than one record, this will be useful for informal charts to be made weekly or monthly, and also an updated spreadsheet file (available via Google Spreadsheets)
- Please don't forge results. Give all the bare and truthful details!
- Make sure you're not throttled or managed, as I'll be using this data - please only test if you're sure that it's related to the massive NZ-International problem.
So here's the first record:
When did you download?: 8:57pm
How long did it take to download the file?: 8 minutes and 14 seconds
What ISP are you currently using?: Vodafone ihug
What broadband plan are you currently subscribed to?: broadband 3
What city are you living in?: Auckland
- No cheating - "approximate" times are not appropriate - I need real data!
- Anyone can participate - even ones on 256k download, cable or anything "broadband" these days. These will be filtered off, and made special.