I have solar HW and want PV, and I've learnt a lot from here. I have some basic questions. My concern is getting PV then realising later I shoulda done this or shoulda done that.
Say I decide to install a base setup for now. 5kW or 7kW or 10kW. No battery. Home is 5BR, built in 2010/11. Solar HW 300L cylinder. Gas cooktop. Two heated bathroom floors
Hope this may be useful for others too
1. Can I easily have more panels added to what I have without having to get an extra full install for the new panels?
2. Can I easily get a battery added without a whole re-do of the PV wiring? I realise there would be extra components required.
3. If my power provider doesnt do export, does that matter? I use EK at the moment.
4. If we get an EV, can that just be wired in so I can charge at home without any major electrical work? The switchboard is in the garage.
5. Can the EV connection in the garage be used so that I can use the EV battery for the home? Yes can do, or no, or major wiring costs?
6. If I had a battery, can I tell the PV to prioritise the battery or the house or the car. The Sun, the usage, and the battery level in the car or home battery may mean that different days I may want different directions for the generation.
7. I assume I would have a panel that shows current generation, current PV usage, current grid usage,home battery level.
Thanks in advance