1) I will not record to DVD
2) I don't have any blu-ray disks and cannot see me buying any (ok, perhaps one or two just to see what they are like, but it is not a major consideration).
3) I watch Netflix on a Roku 3, BUT a dvd recorder able to get a Panasonic Netflix App would be good (presumably I will be able to change the region code to USA) so that I can put the Roku in a bedroom.
4) So I guess all I want the recorder to do is record NZ television.
5) A Plex Client App would be good for Movies held on a NAS.
6) 3D I have no interest in (and the TV is not 3D able, although I do have a Samsung H6400 which is, and has a Tivo attached to it).
7) I use powerline boxes throughout the house.
So far, I have tried to work out (with little success) which would be better for my needs and at an acceptable price point.
All of the above are in the mid $400-$500 price range depending on what is on 'special' (and once I have decided I will probably wait for a sale or haggle).
PS I have read on other posts that Panasonic NZ had a comparison facility, but I haven't found it yet.
Also, whilst not being a true geek, I can find my way around settings etc.
Any advice would be appreciated, even it there are other ways of recording NZ TV.