The CSR setup at Sky TV's call centre is really getting my panties in a bunch. All I want is to get the six month's free MySky HDi given out when I bought my LCD HD iDTV from Harvey Norman.
The current fun...
* Buy TV from Harvey Norman
* Two weeks later, move into new house
* Normal Sky Digital installed the following week
* MySkyHDi coupon completed and sent in next day
* Wednesday the following week, my wife gets a cryptic phone-call from a CSR who doesn't say what's she's ringing about, says something about checking something with a supervisor and calling back.
* Saturday, no call yet so I call Sky to find out what the first call was about and am advised the CSR works Mon-Fri. A message is left for her to call me.
* Monday afternoon, no call so I rering Sky and manage to talk to someone else. Am advised that work order for digital installation has not been closed and MySky cannot proceed until this is done. Am told they will ring me Tuesday afternoon.
* Thursday morning, I miss a call on my cell - no voicemail left. My wife rings me and tells me Sky tried her, but she referred them back to me. They promise to call me.
* Thursday afternoon, I ring Sky and a message is sent to the relevant team to call me.
* Currently waiting.
The real painful part about this for me is that we're apparently not allowed to know which team we're dealing with meaning that, every time I ring, I need to explain the whole saga (apparently they can't read the notes on our account). Add to this the fact that phone calls apparently aren't allowed to be transferred - they have to send a message to the team asking them to call me.
W... T... F? Why does it all have to be so secretive?
(So that's what my spleen looks like)