My better half's car needed new tyres and since I had the day off, I trundled off to the local tyre store to discuss such.
Being that the price was agreeable, I then got the sell about warranty etc etc, as well as "Would I like to pay extra to have my tyres filled with nitrogen?" No thanks. "But it will make your tyres last longer, give you a smoother ride, will stay at the right pressure and not leak, all for only $5 a tyre" No thanks.
"Are you sure? You only have to pay once and then any outlet across the country will top them up with nitrogen if you need"
But you just said that they won't leak, so why would I need to top them up? Also, the atmosphere is around 78% nitrogen already, so if I was to use air to pump up my tyres, surely the other 22% would just leak out over time, and I'd keep topping them up and eventually I'd be close to 99% nitrogen at the correct pressure anyway?
"Oh no, it doesn't work like that - you really need pure nitrogen in your tyres. You'd have to ask a scientist about the details, I just know that it works"
I'll pass thanks. Although I imagine there are plenty of suckers who don't.
Not so much a question, just a small rant about an event this morning - be interested to hear others views.