Signed up Online for a New Phone and Broadband connection on a 12 months contract with Spark on the 20th of September...
(Comes with free modem).
- Clearly stated that I am moving in on the 8th October.
- Modem was sent to the new address on the 4th October and sent back (because I didn't move in yet).
- Plugged in my phone on the 8th evening and didn't work.
- Called call centre and they said "oops, the previous guy's ISP didn't disconnect"
- Called again on the 9th and 10th and the situation was the same, although they said it should be done by 13th mid-day.
- Now - on the 13th, apparently the previous connection is now disconnected... BUT
- The previous company has taken some equipment away from exchange and now Spark needs to send a technician out.. (via Chorus)
- Asked for a time frame and they said "don't know, Chorus is closed after 5pm".
- On further request of time frames in general, the lady on phone just said. I sent an email to chrous and I am hoping it will take few days for chorus to reply and action it.
- What about my modem? will send it to you today (13th) again and it should arrive in about 3-5 working days...
- Asked what can I do while this is happening, she said the world would much better place if everyone was with Spark. **Sigh**
Anyone had similar issues in the past for a new connection? what was the time frame it took for Chorus to fix whatever equipment that was taken by the old ISP?
Any help is appreciated.