I have my routing that has two PPPoE WAN interfaces on it. Lets say they are pppoe-wan1 & pppoe-wan2
The first interface (pppoe-wan1) is just for the entire network (192.168.2.0/24), the other (pppoe-wan2) I just want one host (192.168.2.250) to go out over it.
From reading, and from my general thoughts, I thought it would be fairly simple and did the following....
- Create Mangle rule.
- Chain: prerouting, src address: 192.168.2.250
- Action: mark routing, new routing mark: server_host
- Create second 'default' route but only for marked traffic.
- dst address: 0.0.0.0/0
- gateway: pppoe-wan2
- routing mark: server_host
- Add another NAT masquerade rule to NAT single host to the second gateway
- Chain: src nat
- Src addr: 192.168.2.250
- Out int: pppoe-wan2
- Action: masquerade
Now the issue I am seeing is that as soon as I enable the Mangle rule I loose connectivity to the host. When I try to load the web page on the server I see the packet counters go up by the Mangle rule so it is obviously matching packets. But, as I mentioned, I never actually get connectivity to it unless the mangle rule is disabled.
Any one got any pointers and where I am going wrong? Going a bit mad reading different wiki's and forum posts!