Hello everyone! What a nice forum you guys have going on here. Anyway, on to business. I have a satellite dish and Freeview receiver that I simply cannot get to work, at all.
My receiver is a Satlink 2800. Both the dish and the receiver were working at another house, were they were installed by a technician. I, however, have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I have set the LNB frequency on my receiver to 11300 MHz (as my LNB is the short bar shaped one), and I am currently (apparently, according to the receiver) getting a ~60% 'Level' and 5% 'Quality'. I have pointed my dish in approximately the correct direction (I have looked at many sites, and there are other dishes I can look at and see they are pointing the right way on other houses). Nothing I can do changes the 'Level' - I have even rotated the dish 45 degrees and still no change.
I have set it the receiver to Optus D1, the TP to 12483 H 22500, and even purchased a nice cable to go from my LNB to the receiver!
I am cluless, so any and all help would be great. I can provide any necessary info. Thanks a lot!
Here is the Satlink 2800 user manual, just in case it helps: http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/downloads/Satlink_2800_usermanual.pdf