Since my 4 year old Sony used to integrate seamlessly with the GPS uint, I assumed that the current technology was better. That turned out to be so untrue.
- Voice calls always come through and I can answer them
- Texts work only if Blueant app is running
- Redial of last number
What does not work
- If the blueant app is not running (it crashes often) then you have no idea that texts have arrived.
- The speech is cruddy - it uses the same texas chipset that I used in my project at university about 35 years ago... this is progress !!!! Half the message is unrecognisable, even at slow speed.
- Calling out does not work.
- If I have no voice recognition apps running, the only command that works is redial of last number.
- If I have a voice recognition app running, it tells me that phone commands are not supported.
- Even if these apps worked, they all use the cloud based google voice recognition... who thinks of these stupid things at Google ?
- When I talk to the developer of these apps, they blame it on google.
- Blueant and HTC refuse to answer any of my questions.
All I need more to work
- Voice tagging (which has disappeard in android 4.1+)
- Or 2 phone numbers hardcoded say work and home, why is to so difficult ?
This is supposed to the 21st century, yeah right.