Hello. i am with Telecom internet - Home Broadband Package - 40GB
i am thinking of upgrading my wifi router, & i am wondering if this is worth it, considering any limits on the telecom internet speed. I assume there is a max speed on a landline ?
1) I have the Home Broadband Package - 40GB
2) is there a maximum (average) speed i can achieve on a landline ?
3) i currently have a thompson router. 54Mbps
4) i am thinking of upgrading to Netgear
NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wireless Modem Router
WiFi Performance - N600 (300 Mbps + 300 Mbps)†
can anyone advise if it is worth upgrading routers ? or will my speed be the same & limited to the physical line ? (or is the line speed higher than 54Mbps now ?)
(when i upload / download large files / activities, it interferes with another persons Skype)
Ps one of the main reasons i want to upgrade is the logging - to log the upload/download bandwidth of individual devices attached to wifi.
EDIT: ive read the automated reply now.
1) i am in aucklands north shore - not rural.
2) i've checked telecom, & i ahve 2-3 other internet/broadband packages I can use in my area/street (i can't use the maximum one).
3) the auto response didn't answer my main query, re max Mbps that i can use on the package i have. i think i am using copper line. Not fibre.