The house is located on a corner section and currently they’ve put the fibre along the other side of the road opposite the driveway. I’m assuming that they’ll be putting one of those green road side boxes outside the property somewhere, between two sections?.
Fig. This is the location of the property with an overlay of where the walls are in the basement.
I plan on:
- Putting the network cabinet in the basement where the blue box is above (see Fig.)
- Running Cat6 and Coaxial for the TV broadcast (free view etc), throughout the house
- Moving the existing POTS phone cabling into the network cabinet so that I can move the phones throughout the house via Cat6 and then use VoIP later on
- Or should I just let the installer move the existing phone network cabling into the ONT (POTS1 port)
- Terminating everything at the network cabinet
- There is already power in that room where the cabinet is so I don’t need to worry about that
I called both snap! and Chorus and they said it’s usually discussed with the installer before installation is done. I just don’t want to spend money and then be told by the installer on the day that “no, we won’t run the fibre to your network cabinet and place the ONT etc there”.